The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and automatically through your use of our Site. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Site, including whether you are a restaurant operator or diner.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
If you would like more information about the services we offer, you can provide your contact information to us via the Site – this includes your name, email address, phone number, and, if you are a restaurant operator, the name of your restaurant. We also collect any additional information you choose to submit via any open-text boxes we provide.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We automatically collect information about your use of our Site through cookies and other technologies, such as the pages you view, your location information, your IP address, browser device type, and OS version. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more informationHow We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
• To provide our Site to you.
• To communicate with you about your use of our Site, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
• To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site.
• To assist us in advertising on third party websites, mobile apps, and other online services, and to evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through third party channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
• To better understand how users access and use our Site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site are more (or least) used by users.
• To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
• To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
• Where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
• Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include email marketing providers, cloud providers, and other information technology-related .
• Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
• In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may unsubscribe to promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process unsubscribe requests. If you unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.Children Under 13
Our Site are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.Contact Us
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at:
222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza
Chicago, IL 60654
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and by sending you an email to the email address, if any, we have on file for you.