Certification Mark Use Guidelines
Relish Works, Inc.’s certification marks (“Marks”), are intellectual property owned by Relish Works, Inc. (“Relish Works”). These Marks, whether registered or unregistered, must be used in accordance with these Certification Mark Use Guidelines (“Guidelines”). All use of the Certification Marks must bein accordance with these instructions.
The Certification Marks
The following are the Certification Marks for which Relish Works owns pending federal applications or common law rights:
When using the Certification Marks, you must include the following statement attributing Relish Works’ ownership of the mark:
“The TRUST20CERTIFIED mark and logo are certification marks owned by and used with the permission of Relish Works, Inc.”
Such statement may be omitted from posts on social media platforms where there is a limit of 280 characters or less for each post, and from on online banner ads with space limitations that preclude this full disclosure. If such statement is omitted due to these space limitations, you must include the following:
• Social media: hashtag #TRUST20CERTIFIED; and handle @Trust20usa
• Online banner ads: https://www.trust20.co/ or@Trust20usa
Persons Authorized to use the Certification Mark
Relish Works licenses its Certification Marks through its Trust20Certification Program to establishments that provide food and/or beverage services at fixed location commercial kitchens and that have complied with theTrust20 Certification Mark Standards, including the Checklist (accessible by clicking here),on the day of evaluation of a location.
Use of the Certification Marks
The Certification Marks shall be used only with express prior written license, and under the terms and conditions thereof, in connection withTrust20 Certified locations. The Certification Marks may never be associated with services, restaurants, or locations that have not been reviewed and certified as meeting the Trust20 Certification Mark Standards, and the Certification Marks may never be used for or associated with products.
The following rules apply to the use of the Certification Marks:
- (a) You must have agreed to the terms of the Trust20 Certification Agreement.
- (b) By using the Certification Marks, you additionally agree to the terms of these Certification Mark Use Guidelines.
- (c) Cling Stickers
- a. Relish Works will provide you with one cling sticker displaying the Certification Marks upon certification. As a licensee, you may display suchTrust20 Certified cling sticker at your licensed location.
- b. You may not reproduce or make another copy of your Trust20 Certified cling sticker. If your cling sticker becomes damaged ordestroyed, please contact email@example.com to request a replacement clingsticker.
- (d) You may use the Certification Marks in connection with advertising of the location certified under the Trust20 Certification Program on your website, in social and other electronic media, in your print and digital marketing materials, and on your menu. In fact, we encourage it!
- (e) By using the Certification Marks, you additionally agree to the terms of these Certification Mark Use Guidelines.
Met Trust20 Certified standards for cleaning and safety on 12/10/20
XYZ Restaurant was TRUST20 CERTIFIED based on a review 11/1/2020
Used on Website:
Position on Trust20Certified Restaurant’s Website (For example):
Include by the logo “reviewed on [DATE]”, and “The TRUST20 CERTIFIED Mark and Logo are owned by and used with the permission of Relish Works, Inc.” near the logo or at bottom of the page.
On Social Media:
Include in post comments:
“XYZ Restaurant becameTRUST20 CERTIFIED on [Date]. #TRUST20CERTIFIED @Trust20usa
Displayed in Location Window:
- (f) You must include the location of your certified location with each use of the Certification Mark.
- (g) Your restaurant’s name or logo and location must appear on any materials where any Certification Mark is used. The Certification Mark cannot be larger or more prominent than your trademark, logo, or company name.
- (h) No Variations or Resizing
- a. You must use the Certification Mark exactly as it is shown in the Certification Mark digital artwork files which are emailed to you upon completing and passing your certification visit, your agreement to the Program Terms, and Relish Works’ written confirmation to you of its acceptance thereof.
- b. You may not alter, cut apart, separate, or otherwise distort the logos in perspective or appearance, except otherwise authorized herein;
- c. Without limitation, you may not use shadows, outline, gradation, decorative patterns or other decorative elements, and you may not feature the Certification Marks in three dimensional or animated formats;
- d. You must not alter the colors of the Certification Marks. The Certification Marks may be presented in black and white or the color combination specified by Relish Works. The Certification Mark must be clearly visible against the background; and
- e. The Certification Mark may be reduced or enlarged provided that the same relative positions and proportions between the respective elements (aspect ratio) as indicated by the original artwork are maintained and the Certification Marks remain clear and legible and easily readable to the naked human eye. The aspect ratio may not deviate more than five percent (5%) from the values of the original artwork.
(i) You may not combine a Certification Mark with any other feature, including other marks, words, graphics, photos, slogans, numbers, design features, or symbols.
- (j) The Certification Marks or parts thereof may not be used on any product, product packaging, or product inserts.
- (k) You may not transform or incorporate the Certification Marks or parts thereof into other designs on your menu or in your advertising materials or promotional campaigns.
- (l) The Certification Mark must be utilized maintaining a clear zone all around the Certification Mark. A clear zone is an area in which no other graphical or textual elements appear and is at least twenty-five percent (25%) of the height of the Certification Mark.
- (m) The appropriate Certification Mark may not be enclosed on its own in any kind of border, box or frame, nor may any text be added, except as required in the Trust20 Certification Agreement and these Certification Mark Use Guidelines, for example, to disclose the date of your restaurant’s review. The Certification Mark must be utilized on its own and be freestanding. The Certification Mark must not be superimposed on or combined with any other logo, trademark, trade name, artwork, or other designation or design.
- (n) You must not use the Certification Marks in a manner that would disparage Trust20, Trust20 partners (including but not limited to Gordon Food Service and General Mills) Relish Works, or its products or services.
Confusing Use Prohibited
The Certification Marks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion in the public. The Certification Marks may not be used in any way that is false, misleading, or confusing as to the origin or qualities of any product, service, facility, or as to conformance with specifications from Relish Works or any third parties, other than the Trust20Certification Program. The Certification Marks shall also not:
(a) Be used to suggest a closer relationship with, affiliation with, sponsorship by, or endorsement by Relish Works or the Trust20 program than that which actually exists;
- (b) Appear in or as part of the name, trademark, service mark, or similar designation of any company or organization;
- (c) Appear in or as part of an Internet domain name, social media name, or icon, or any meta tag or other hidden text in a webpage without prior written authorization by Relish Works;
- (d) Be used in any manner which is likely to confuse the public or mislead the public into believing that the activities of yours, or any other party, are those of Relish Works;
- (e) Be used or applied in away that implies approval or certification for a product or service or location other than the specific location or facility that has been certified by Relish Works;
- (f) Be used to conduct events or raise funds using the Certification Marks without a written license from Relish Works.
The Certification Marks do NOT certify that a location is incompliance with any laws or regulations, or related licensing or inspection requirements, and should not be used to suggest that Relish Works has certified different or additional qualities or characteristics, other than that the location has met Trust20 Certified standards for cleaning and safety on the date of the review.
If you become aware of any improper use of the Certification Marks, including infringement or counterfeiting by third parties, please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Please provide as much detail as possible, including the name of the possibly infringing party, contact information, and examples and location(s) of the potentially infringing use.
Reservation of Rights
Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, Relish Works reserves the right to terminate permission to copy, reproduce, or display the Certification Marks and to demand that the marks cease to be used at any time and in its sole discretion. Relish Works reserves the right to object to unfair uses or misuses of its marks and other violations of law, and uses that Relish Works in its reasonable discretion deems unlawful or improper, even if such use is not expressly prohibited by these guidelines. Relish Works reserves the right to revise these guidelines at any time, without notice.
For further information about proper use of the Certification Marks, please contact: Nick Florek, General Manager, email@example.com